[rt-users] RT 3.4.1 expected in one week

Jason A. Diegmueller doogles at doogles.com
Mon Feb 7 14:59:53 EST 2005

>> Jesse, did you see my patch to add /WIDTH to
>> Elements/TicketList?  I didn't see a reply, don't know if it
>> fell through the cracks.  Is that worth spending a few minutes
>> to hack in to 3.4.1?
>>
>> I sent it to you directly, probably should have sent it to
>> rt-devel.
>
> Actually, to rt-bugs at fsck.com.  Really, 3.4.1 is just for bugfixes and
> cleanups.   Rather than a /WIDTH attribute, what about using /STYLE to
> do width with CSS?

Ok, rt-bugs.

I can't claim to understand CSS enough to have an opinion one way or the
other.  I'll rehash what I did for those on rt-users:

We have added a couple of custom fields to the main page for privileged
users[*] as well as a new table (stalled tickets via Elements/MyStalls, for
one) the columns on the main page were all out of whack.  One table would have
our custom fields at one spot, the other table would have it somewhere totally
different depending on how long the Subjects were.  My little /WIDTH hack told
Elements/TicketList to insert WIDTH tags in to the <TH> and made the three
tables' columns line up perfectly from top to bottom.  It gave things a nice
clean, consistant look.

I'm sure CSS is the more "2005 way" of doing the same thing, and I'd be game
for that.  It's not worth burning any midnight oil for, but if it would be
easy to hack in (in a more elegent fashion that my original approach) I'd take
it.

-jd