[rt-users] Localization Problems RT 3.2.2 and 3.4.0

Vajkó Péter vajko at astron.hu
Tue Feb 8 02:39:36 EST 2005

Hi Jesse,

> What version of perl are you using?
5.8.4-5 (Debian Sarge). I seem to have problems with accented characters
only in this 'newest unowned tickets' list.

> 3.2 definitely had some issues. I'd thought that 3.4 was better on this
> point. Can you describe exactly where you're seeing this issue? (I can't
> quite reproduce it)
Ok, I'm testing this with the stock rt-3.4.0, browser language settings
are German.

On the 'RT at a glance' (RT auf einem Blick) page on the right I have a
Quick Search (Schnellsuche) block with a list of my queues and how many
open and new tickets I have in each.

When I now click on the queue name, I get a list of the open and new
tickets in the queue. However, the status of these tickets is not
translated into German, I still see 'open' and 'new' (bad). Same happens
when I use the Query Builder to get the tickets of the queue (I see
'resolved', 'stalled', etc.).

When I view a ticket (click on the subject or ticket # in the ticket
list to view the details) I see the translated status information
(correct). The Query Builder dropdown menus also show the correct
translated status texts.

I'm going to email the hu.po.patch to rt-bugs at fsck.com once I get these
localization issues resolved.

Thanks,