[rt-users] "Sanitized" Display.html

Jason A. Diegmueller doogles at doogles.com
Thu Feb 10 22:55:21 EST 2005

RT Users--

Any suggestions on best approach to achieve the following?

There are times when we need to send ticket information to someone outside of
our company who was perhaps not originally a Ticket Watcher.  However, for me
to copy/paste the Ticket info would include Comments; not something we want to
do.

I attempted to hack up a DisplaySanitized.html this evening which would,
regardless of ShowTicketComments right, withold displaying Comments.  It
appeared I wanted to implement this functionality in LoadTextAttachments,
as currently at lines 70-72 (RT 3.2.3rc2) I have:
     unless ( $Ticket->CurrentUserHasRight('ShowTicketComments') ) {
         $attachments->Limit( ALIAS    => $transactions, FIELD    => 'Type', OPERATOR => '!=', VALUE    => "Comment" );
     }

I tried a number of different approached, but even with the line above I still
have comments returned if the user has the right to see them.

Has anyone done something like this or have any pointers?

-jd