[rt-users] Re: $rtname, EmailParser.pm + bulk user updates

John Priddy jpriddy at thegoldensource.com
Fri Feb 11 15:52:26 EST 2005

I have made changes to my EmailParser.pm file after reading archives
here:

http://marc.free.net.ph/message/20041005.210006.c35e8226.en.html

and

http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2003-August/016332.html

They 2 changes differ slightly, but it looks like they should
accomplish
the same thing.  However, I cant seem to get emails with subject
[rt.ftisoft.com #XXX] to go into the correct tickets -- new tickets are
just created instead.  Everything else seems to work fine.

These are the lines a believe to be relevant (old $rtname was
rt.ftisoft.com):

--------------------

sub ParseTicketId {
    my $self = shift;

    my $Subject = shift;

    if ( $Subject =~ s/\[\Q$RT::rtname\E\s+\#(\d+)\s*\]//i ) {
        my $id = $1;
        $RT::Logger->debug("Found a ticket ID. It's $id");
        return ($id);
    }

#redirect incoming tickets from old rtname
    elsif ($Subject =~ s/\[rt.ftisoft.com \#(\d+)\]//i) {
        my $id = $1;
        $RT::Logger->debug("Found an old (rt.ftisoft.com) ticket ID.
        It's $id");
        return ($id);
}

    else {
        return (undef);
    }

--------------------

Am I missing some detail here?  I don't think it matters, but this was
an RT3.2 database until last night.  After the move to the new machine
changed $rtname.  If it matters, machine is: RHEL3.0, mysql 4.1.9, perl
5.86.

Another question that i suspect i should send towards mysql...  We just
changed the company name -- hence all the email addresses changed as
well.  Is there a way to update every user's email address/username in
bulk to reflect the new address?  Users are not allowed to log in or
create tickets through web -- we only use email, so all users are
username at domain.com.

Great product and thanks for the help!