[rt-users] Trouble locating files

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 17 02:39:13 EST 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 11:04:04PM -0800, Michael T. Anderson wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 05:32:40PM -0800, amy k wrote:
> > > I am using *RT 3.4.0* I can't seem to find:
> > >

> > > rt/share/html/Search/Elements/TicketRow
> > > rt/share/html/Search/Elements/TicketHeader
> >
> > These files were in RT 3.0.
>
> So, the solution to this problem is to remove 3.4 and re-install 3.0? Should
> I update the DisplayCustomFieldsInTicketSearch wiki page to let everyone
> know that you can only display custom fields in ticket search if you are
> using 3.0?

Well, that's not quite what I said. Since RT 3.2.0, adding custom fields
to search results is a point and click operation in the GUI. Amy asked
where the files lived in 3.4 and I dropped a quick note to tell her that
they don't exist in the current version.  We're incredibly busy and don't
have time to police every user contributed page on the wiki. I try to
lend a hand on the mailinglists when I have time, but that's quite often
at times like now, 2:30AM, when I've been working all day. I'm terribly
sorry I told Amy that the files she was looking for don't exist in the
current version of the free software that my company makes and gives
away. I promise I won't do it again.