[rt-users] RT2 to RT3 upgrade advice

Drew Barnes barnesaw at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu
Thu Feb 17 09:50:51 EST 2005

I would do the rt2-to-dumpfile before you rebuild the server so that you
are dumping using the old version of DBIx::SearchBuilder.  There have
been some issues with the newer versions dumping the data correctly.

Once that is done, there is no reason to re-install RT2 at all and you
can do a fresh install of 3.2 and run the dumpfile-to-rt3 script.  After
that, you can do an upgrade to 4.4 if you so desire.