[rt-users] Startup ERROR: Client does not supportauthenticationprotocol requested by server.

Dave Kettmann dkettmann at netlogic.net
Mon Feb 21 10:33:18 EST 2005

Actually this is a problem with MySQL Version incompatibility. I ran into this as well. You have to setup your MySQL server to use the 'old-password' style passwords. You can check this link: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-client.html It should give you some insight on how to fix your problem.

Dave Kettmann
NetLogic
314-266-4000