[rt-users] Query Builder documentation

Stephen Hancock sh.hancock at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 05:15:00 EST 2005

OK - I can understand the need for parsing now for security sake but
the parenthesis () does not work for me. Additional parenthesis do
nothing in my case. Also even when the query is toggled correctly (In
Query Builder) , it appears that this is short lived. A return to
Advanced, A save, or a Search reformats the OR back to AND again and
we are back where we started.

Example:
In Advance:
Owner = 'Nobody'  AND (  (  ( Status = 'new' ) OR ( Owner = 'Dale'
AND Status != 'stalled' ) ) )

Click on applied and the Query Builder shows:

Owner = 'Nobody'
AND

       Status = 'new'
   AND
       Owner = 'Dale'
       AND Status != 'stalled'

Select the second AND and click on the And/Or toggle button and we
have (In Query Builder):

Owner = 'Nobody'
AND

       Status = 'new'
   OR
       Owner = 'Dale'
       AND Status != 'stalled'

Which is what we want and expect. However a return to Advanced or Save
or Search casues the OR to revert to AND again....

Adding additional () does not fix my problem. Am I doing something  wrong here?