[rt-users] Dynamic/Relative Date Searching

Russell Mosemann mose at ns.cune.edu
Fri Feb 25 10:47:44 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Roland, Ryan M wrote:

> We have the need to create a search that uses relative dates.  Say I
> want a search that will show me all work completed in the last
> month.  If I select 'Resolved'->'After' I then have to manually enter
> a date from a month ago in order to get that result.

Created After "1 month ago"

The routines for the user interface use Time::ParseDate to figure out what
you are using for a date.  Take a look at the man page for a long list of
absolute and relative formats.  It's pretty clever.

----
Russell Mosemann, Ph.D. * Computing Services * Concordia University, Nebraska
"There are only two things which are sure in this life, death and taxes.
 However, death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."