[rt-users] Is RT 3.x on unmodified OS X 10.3.x possible?

B. Derman all-my-lists at derman.com
Tue Jan 4 05:13:36 EST 2005

Has anyone been able to "natively" install a 3.x version of RT on a
"native" Mac OS X 10.3.x (I'm at 10.3.7) without having to update Perl
and compile your own apache, etc.?  I was unable to find any indication
of an install on unmodified OS X in the archives.

I know that there's a risk with attachments, but we don't attach any
(binary) files and only use English, so I assume we'd be at minimal risk
with OS X's Perl 5.8.1 and the DSO mod_perl given that OS X's Perl is now
using a multi-threaded model (or maybe that's too much of a leap).  Our
use is very low-volume and quite specific, so I'm willing to take some
risk.

I gave a quick RT 3.2.2 install attempt, but received compile errors, so
thought I'd see whether this is a known waste of time before going
further.  I currently have 3.0.3 installed, but can't afford the
Herculean effort and associated time it took to get that version up 'n
running on OS X 10.2.x.