[rt-users] Recurring Login Problem

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 5 16:15:25 EST 2005

At Wednesday 1/5/2005 04:02 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> > I'm looking for ideas on a very strange problem. (This is on RT 3.2.2,
> > Oracle 9, fastcgi, solaris).
>
>SSL?

No, this is a non-ssl setup.

>Does it happen with lynx? Does lynx complain about cookies?

I forgot to mention this - lynx prompts me to accept/deny the rt cookie. If
I choose "always accept", I can get around fine. If I choose "never accept"
I have the same recurring login screen problem. I think the reason is
different though. For the graphical browsers that I have the problem with,
the cookie/session stuff seems to be working - I do get a session file with
the name matching the cookie value - it's just that the user info is not
there. Here's what one of these session files looks like:

  35b63afa7e820eefae63af9277bb3b48
                                  _session_idRT::CurrentUser
Userstable
           CurrentUser