[rt-users] Confusion About Adding the following virtualhost info into /etc/httpd/conf.d/rt3.conf

Allyn Baskerville allynb at adsne.com
Mon Jan 10 11:23:26 EST 2005

I'm now to the point where I need to create a virtual host for RT. The Install Guide says to put the following in
/etc/httpd/conf.d/rt3.conf:

======================
<VirtualHost your.ip.address>
   ServerName your.rt.server.hostname
   DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt3/share/html
   AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

   # these four lines apply to Apache2+mod_perl2 only: {{{
   PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod CGI
   PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html
   # }}}

   PerlModule Apache::DBI
   PerlRequire /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

   <Location />
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlHandler RT::Mason
   </Location>

</VirtualHost>
How is apache going to see this?  I tried to put this info into my apache config, but I couldn't start apache because of the
following error:

Invalid command 'PerlModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration.

I'm confused as to how the virtual host is supposed to be set up. Thanks in advance. Allyn