[rt-users] Is RT 3.x on unmodified OS X 10.3.x possible?

josh josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us
Tue Jan 11 10:10:04 EST 2005

I asked a similar question ( I'm running server as opposed to simply
running 10.3) about a month ago. The reply from Jesse was:

Two small problems:

1) Apple's mod_perl is busted with regard to form POSTs.
2) Apple only ships perl 5.8.1

I am curious as to which of the following approaches make the most
sense:

I can create a user for RT and let them install a different
Perl and mod_per locally for RTs use. This creates two new projects on
top of an RT install.

I can use an older version of RT that will work with 5.8.1. This would
be fine if I can get away with it.

I can wait for Apple to update their perl to 5.8.3 -- though I don't
know when and if it is planned. (They are supposed to upgrade to 10.4
very soon, but I'm not active enough in the development community to
know if they have even started on 5.8.3.) I don't want to adopt the
first option only to find I could do nothing for six weeks and achieve
the same goal.

That said I would very much like to know what seems the sanest
option and especially to here from anyone who has installed RT on OSX
Panther Server while making notes they'd be willing to share.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh at saratoga.lib.ny.us