[rt-users] Easily assigning "requestor" a username rather than anemail

Roedel, Mark MarkRoedel at letu.edu
Tue Jan 11 13:15:28 EST 2005

From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 11:22 AM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Easily assigning "requestor" a username rather than
anemail

> Also, I'd like to be able to search through tickets by
> providing a requestor's username rather than his email
> address.  Right now, the search criteria only has
> "(Requestor's|CC's|AdminCC's) email address (contains|
> doesn't contain) __________".  I'm wondering if any of
> you guys have come up with an easier way to search
> through tickets by a requesting user rather than by a
> requesting user's email address.

What version of RT are you running?  I'm not sure about the ticket
creation side of things, but the ticket query builder in our
installation definitely lets you search on (Requestor|CC|AdminCC)
(Name|Realname|Nickname|EmailAddress|etc).  We're running 3.4.0rc5, but
I'm pretty sure that's been there since at least 3.2.2...

--
Mark Roedel
Web Programmer / Analyst