[rt-users] Change default "Update Type" from Comments to Reply when Resolve is clicked

Pei Ku pku at autotradecenter.com
Tue Jan 11 15:56:57 EST 2005

When you click on Resolve link in the Ticket view page, it takes you to the page containing the form where you can resolve the ticket.  Note that the "Update Type" defaults to "Comments (Not sent to requestors)".

How can I chage it so that it defaults to "Reply to Requestors"?

I've been staring at the code a bit; I think Ticket/Update.html is where the magic happens:

% if ($CanComment) {
  <option value="private" <%$ARGS{'UpdateType'} eq "private" ? "SELECTED" : !$ARGS{'UpdateType'}&&$CommentDefault%>><&|/l&>Comments (Not sent to requestors)</&></option>
% }
% if ($CanRespond) {
   <option value="response" <%$ARGS{'UpdateType'} eq "response" ? "SELECTED" : !$ARGS{'UpdateType'}&&$ResponseDefault%>><&|/l&>Reply to requestors</&></option>
% }
</select>

The HTML source does show the drop-down item Comments is SELECTED.  Now I just need to figure out how to get "Reply to requestors" selected instead...

thanks

Pei