[rt-users] Login page

Michael Bochynski mbochynski at audiumcorp.com
Wed Jan 12 10:23:58 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 09:52, Mikko Sjöblom wrote:

> > hi , I would like to add some comments to my RT login page (
> > i. e Welcome
> > note ) how can i do that ?
> I have done that by editing the source files at:
>
> rt-root-dir/share/html/Elements/Login
> rt-root-dir/share/html/Elements/Header
>
> I don't know if there is some better/easier way to do that(?).
> And off course you need to be a bit familiar with html and perl when editing

I don't know whether it's easier :) but it's definitely better to copy
the files you want to edit to the local folder and change them.
copy Login and Header to

rt-root-dir/local/html/Elements/

and edit them over there. RT will read the local files first.

> the source files, otherwise it's easy to break the system my mistake.

Yep. That's why it's better to make a local copy. You can easily delete
local copy and still have fully functional RT.

Custom modification is described in Wiki, however I don't have the URL,
sorry :)

> .mikko

Michael