[rt-users] mysql.sock moved, and RT can't find it

Steve Sizemore steve at ls.berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 13 12:13:22 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 04:36:45PM +0300, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

> Steve Sizemore wrote:
> >I have moved the mysql socket from it's default location (/tmp) to
> >/var/run/mysql, for reasons of security. rt seems to ignore my.cnf,
> >and continues to look for it in /tmp. I have (temporarily) made it
> >work again, by using a symbolic link, but I'd really like to figure
> >out how to tell rt where to find the real socket.
> >
> >Any help out there?
> >
> >rt-3.2.2
> >mysql-4.0.23a
> >apache-2.0.52
> >FreeBSD 4.10
>
> RT uses my.cnf like all other mysql client libs. May be you put socket
> configuration to wrong block in my.cnf.

I put it in the client block -

 [client]
 port            = 3306
 socket          = /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock

which works for other clients, like mod_php. Where else would it go?

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 09:14:05AM -0700, Joe Benson wrote:

> Make sure you don't have two my.cnf files.  I don't know about FreeBSD,
> I run Linux, but Redhat  default rpms would put a my.cnf file in  /etc.

Yes, I did have two - /etc/my.cnf and /usr/local/etc/my.cnf, but there
was hardly anything in /usr/local/etc/my.cnf; neither removing it, nor
linking it to /etc/my.cnf makes any difference. (mysql on FreeBSD looks
at /etc/my.cnf.)

So, I'm still looking for ideas...

Thanks.
Steve
--
Steve Sizemore <steve (at) ls.berkeley.edu>, (510) 642-8570
Unix System Manager