[rt-users] Scrips help: adding admincc based on requestor's information

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 15:56:12 EST 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 23:14:11 -0800, Mai Le <mle at niku.com> wrote:
>  Hi All,
>
> I'm new at creating scrips for RT.  I need to create a scrips to add an
> additional admin to the existing admincc list if the requestor belongs
> to a certain organization when the ticket is being created.  I'm not
> sure how to check the requestor's Organization information field.

Here's how I do it.  Note that I use a custom field called Domain for
the comparison.  Should get you going in the right direction though.

Descript:  AddWatcherCompanyX
Condition: User Defined
Custom Condition:

return undef unless ($self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Create");
return undef unless ($self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('Domain') =~
 /CompanyX/i);
return 1;

Action: User Defined
Action Prep:
my ($status, $msg) = $self->TicketObj->AddWatcher(Type => 'Cc', Email
=> "user\@companyx.example.com" );
return 1;

Action cleanup:
return 1;