[rt-users] AD Integration

Quark IT - Hilton Travis hilton at quarkit.com.au
Fri Jan 14 02:17:10 EST 2005

Hi All,

Laugh as you may (go on, we all need a good laugh from time to time), we
run our business here on a Microsoft Windows SBS 2003 box.  As many
(actually, pretty much all) of our clients are purely Microsoft or
MS/Apple shops, this is ideal as it means that we use daily what we
sell, recommend, install and support for our clients.

Anyway, what would be **really** nice for us is to have RT utilize AD
for its client database - all of our client contact details are stored
in AD (Exchange 2003) and we don't really relish the thought that if we
implement RT here (and it looks REALLY likely) we'll then have 2 totally
unrelated client databases that will have the tendency to get out of
sync.

Anyone done/doing this?  My Linux knowledge is getting less and less
with each passing day.  However some decent pointers will allow me to
pester people I know if I start getting lost.  :)

Hhmmm, I *really* should start playing a bit more with Linux.  I'm
starting to miss it here - back onto a Win XP desktop myself after nigh
on 3 years of a Linux desktop.

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                          Phone: +61 (0)7 3344 3889