[rt-users] Re: mysql.sock moved, and RT can't find it

seph seph at directionless.org
Sun Jan 16 19:46:57 EST 2005

> Still, all this shouldn't really be necessary. If RT (or Perl DBD)
> would respect /etc/my.cnf, life would be easy.

You've probably solved this already but... Last time I was poking at
this behavior, I found various docs asserting it was a default
inherent in DBD::mysql. My testing confirmed this. DBD::mysql does pay
attention to an environmental variable, so you can have your rt site
config from %ENV, but that's kinda ugly.

seph