[rt-users] RT3 - Attachments and more... [ Virus checked by www.virusguard.de ]

Matthias Fenner Matthias.Fenner at advanced.info
Mon Jan 17 07:05:58 EST 2005

Hi there!

I have a few problems with your requestracker3 and rt-FAQ-Manager and I think I m at the rigt place to find a solution.

At first, some version-information
System:       Linux intranet 2.4.27-1-386 #1 Fri Sep 3 06:24:46 UTC 2004 i686 GNU/Linux
Apache:      Apache/1.3.33 (Debian Sarge GNU/Linux) Built: (Nov 18 2004 11:09:51)
Postgres:    7.4.6-4
php4:          4.3.9-1
RT3:            3.2.2
RTFM:         2.0.1

1.)At first we are impossible to attach files to tickets.
The comment appears twice with no attachment. Just a simple :
                 "Subject: [NAME of Attachment]" ,
is at the end of the comment.
Note : Plaintext attachments (Like .bat files) get directly quoted to the comment - Dont ask me why !

2.)Our secound problem is the RTFM:
I think there is a maximal URL limit which makes it impossible to post FAQs that are longer than 4096 Charakters.
The only workaround was to split the faq into small pieces, which is not optimal.

And now my questions ...

How to solve this problems ... and what do you need to know :D ?

Thanks in advance
Matthias Fenner