[rt-users] change owner of a ticket

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Mon Jan 17 08:37:54 EST 2005

Am 17.01.2005 um 12:52 schrieb Obando, David DE - EV:

> Hi all,
>
> is it possible to change the owner of a ticket?

Yes.

> I'm planning to use RT but the customers should not open a ticket
> themselves but call a hotline and they open the ticket for the
> customers. So the opener of the ticket should not be the owner but
> should have the possibility to select the customer from a drop-list.

The 'requestor' (person having the problem) and 'owner' (person
responsible for solving the problem) can be changed all the time.

In the UI, when You create a ticket, there is no drop down list for the
requestor, because new requestors are added all the time (in our case,
every tim a new user has a first problem). there is a drop down for the
owner, though.

Regards,
     Harald