[rt-users] Need help with handling stalled tickets

Ken O'Driscoll rt-lists at ieinternet.com
Mon Jan 17 10:40:28 EST 2005

Hello Sarah,

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 14:47, sab.lists wrote:
> Hello everybody

[... snip ...]

> As I don't have any manual for RT (I couldn't find anything on the
> bestpractical homepage), I started googeling... I didn't find much.. but
> at least I found the RT-Maillinglist ;-)

Docs for RT2 : http://fsck.com/rtfm/

[... snip ...]

> What we exactly need is a way to handle stalled or very old unresolved
> Tickets. Is it somehow possible to send a reminder E-Mail to the Ticket
> owner after a while if a ticket has been stalled or hasn't been altert
> for a certain time? Probably it would also be a good thing if a stalled
> ticket would be automaticaly reopend or get a higher priority or something.
>
> What's important: we're only using RT 2 (not 3) and no-one ever uses
> Starting or Due Dates.... so I have to find a way using the
> creation-date or the date of the status-change (in case of stalled
> tickets) as a time reference.

I think what you are looking for is a package called rt-remind and
rt-escalate (http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/staff/tdb/rt3/)  They're
for RT3 but it should be easy to hack them to do what you want with RT2.

These scripts are based on the priority value, which I assume RT2 has -
I've never used it!

Hope this helps,

 - Ken.

--
This email has passed through an IE Internet MailWall gateway
and has been screened for known viruses, potential viruses and

IE Internet.com MailWall (http://ieinternet.com/mailwall/)