[rt-users] Installed on debian sarge ok - but need to get basic email sending working with postfix

Kevin Bailey kbailey at freewayprojects.com
Tue Jan 18 14:50:19 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 17:35 +0100, Sven Sternberger wrote:
> Hi Kevin!
>
> I also use sarge with postfix and i don't alter the config. I
> use the original line in
> /etc/request-tracker3/RT_Config.pm
> which is
> Set($MailCommand , 'sendmailpipe');

ok - so i leave that to be the same.

> maybe this is not a configuration problem, it is more a
> general issue.
>
>  > but when i add users to the cc line in RT nothing gets sent out - the
>  > local email server logs show nothing.
>
> where do you see the CC line?

This is when i add a comment to a ticket.  it says

(Sends a carbon-copy of this update to a comma-delimited list of email
addresses. Does not change who will receive future updates.)

> For example the "new ticket" page there is a line under the cc field
>
> ->(Sends a carbon-copy of this update to a comma-delimited list of email
> addresses. These people will receive future updates.)
>
> this means only future updates will be send, because normaly you only
> have the scrip:
> On Correspond Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Correspondence

these are the scrips which are installed

Modify scrips for queue fpoffice
Scrips which apply to all queues

 On Correspond Open Tickets with template Blank
 On Create Autoreply To Requestors with template Autoreply
 On Create Notify AdminCcs with template Transaction
 On Correspond Notify AdminCcs with template Admin Correspondence
 On Correspond Notify Requestors and Ccs with template Correspondence
 On Correspond Notify Other Recipients with template Correspondence
 On Comment Notify AdminCcs as Comment with template Admin Comment
 On Comment Notify Other Recipients as Comment with template
Correspondence
 On Resolve Notify Requestors with template Resolved

so it looks like i've got the correct (standard) scrips in place.

as mentioned before - the 'mail' and 'sendmail' commands work from the
command line.

should the
Set($MailCommand , 'sendmailpipe');
line work if set in
/etc/request-tracker3/RT_SiteConfig.pm

BTW isn't it true i should use
/etc/request-tracker3/RT_SiteConfig.pm

and leave
/etc/request-tracker3/RT_Config.pm

untouched.

is there any way i can test the email sending function of request
tracker?

is there any way i can see what's going wrong?

thanks - kev

--
Kevin Bailey <kbailey at freewayprojects.com>