[rt-users] Group Saved-Search Privileges

Stephen Hancock sh.hancock at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 11:17:14 EST 2005

Andy,

Thanks for the input. After much time spent on this issue, I have
concluded that it is impossible to grant a user (who belongs to any
group) privileges only to save to 'My Saved Searches'. The problem
seems to be that in order to save at all, one must have modifyself and
loadsavedsearches (the latter which is only available through global
group access). Group access only has show and edit. So if a user
belongs to any group or subgroup, all the groups show in the dialog
box and they can save or edit. It looks to me like its all or nothing
in terms of capability. One can't see the saved searches unless the
loadsavedsearches is grated. And once this is enabled, the user can
save or edit all the searches in all groups they are a member of or
none of them.

I think this correct but maybe I am still overlooking something. At
anyrate this will do for us at this point as we are now directing our
attention to  integration with Bugzilla which is a top priority for
management. I'll probably be begging for help on this soon.

Thanks again,
Stephen