[rt-users] Multiple instances on one machine?

Rick Measham rickm at 3d3.com
Thu Jan 27 20:37:50 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 11:58, Daniel Porowski wrote:
> So, I was wondering if anyone's had any luck running multiple instances of
> RT on the same machine?  If anyone's tried this, any words of
> advice/warning/wisdom?  Also, if anyone knows why this won't work, why
> didn't it?  (Or if it's designed not to, let me know...)

The problem is with mod_perl .. it stores the instances internally and
doesn't care if you come from a different URL or port.

I have two installed, one under mod_perl and one under FastCGI. Works
without any problems at all. Means I can hack at one while the other one
is used by our support team to tell me what I need to hack :)

Cheers!
Rick