[rt-users] Upgrade problems

Les Driggers ldriggers at fncinc.com
Fri Jan 28 09:08:14 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 16:49 -0600, Les Driggers wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm upgrading from rt-3.0.5 on RedHat 9 to 3.4.0rc6 on a new server.
> Version info on the new server: Fedora Core 3, Postgres 7.4.6,
> Apache 2.0.52, Perl 5.8.5, mod_perl 1.9916.
>
> I'll describe my problems first and anyone interested in helping
> can read on for more details. Everything seems to be OK except
> when I click a ticket, its history is blank. Another problem is
> when I do a search, not all owners are listed and Nobody is listed
> twice. Are these issues due to the problems shown below with the
> database updates?

<snip a bunch of other stuff>

I think I've got it. After running 'make upgrade', when I run

# /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --dba postgres --action schema
-datadir etc/upgrade/3.3.0

It dies with an error to the effect of 'index ticketcustomfieldvalues1
doesn't exist'. So, the rest of the commands in that file fail, thus
some critical DB updates don't happen.

Removing the following two lines;
  drop index ticketcustomfieldvalues1;
  drop index ticketcustomfieldvalues2;
from etc/upgrade/3.3.0/schema.Pg, allows it to complete successfully and
the history displays properly.

Is this a problem with my existing database missing these indexes or
does the 3.3.0/schema.Pg file need to be modified in the next RT
release?

Thanks,
Les