[rt-users] Give CCs the ability to view, reply to tickets?

Rick Russell rickr at rice.edu
Fri Jul 1 11:04:15 EDT 2005

Hi all. This seems like it should work, but I'm flummoxed. Any
suggestions appreciated.

I'd like to give CCs on a ticket the ability to view the ticket and
reply to the ticket via the self-service web interface.

In Configuration, Global, Group Rights I've given
rights as follows:

Everyone:
  CreateTicket
  ModifySelf
  ReplyToTicket

Privileged:
  No rights granted

(FYI, I only grant privileged rights on a queue-by-queue basis.)

Unprivileged:
  No rights granted

..

Cc:
  ReplyToTicket
  ShowTicket

Do I need to add other rights to the Cc Role to make the tickets
available in the Self Service interface? What affect does SeeQueue right
have on the Roles? I'm hesitant to grant SeeQueue right globally to any
of the Roles, since I'm not sure if it's secure and safe to do so.

Rick R.

--
Rick Russell
For computer help, call xHELP (x4357 or 713-348-4357)