[rt-users] removing deleted tickets from the db

Brookes, Iris Iris.Brookes at tdsecurities.com
Mon Jul 4 17:12:14 EDT 2005

Hello:

I've encountered some difficulties with RTx-shredder, so I wrote the following SQL script which resolved my problem in removing deleted tickets and I would like to share it.

-- this script will delete all tickets and corresponding objects/records where the status of the ticket is "deleted"
-- this script can be modified as needed
-- the tables affected in ticket(s) cleanup are:
--          attachments, cachedgroupmembers, groups, objectcustomfieldvalues, transactions and tickets
-- and should be executed in the same order
-- note the relationship between each table
delete attachments where transactionid in (select id from transactions where objecttype like 'RT::Ticket' and objectid in (select effectiveid from tickets where type like 'ticket' and status like 'deleted'));
--
delete cachedgroupmembers where groupid in (select id from groups where domain like 'RT::Ticket-Role' and instance in (select effectiveid from tickets where type like 'ticket' and status like 'deleted'));