[rt-users] HTTP::Server::Simple - testfiles assume incorrectly localhost

Harald Kapper hk at kapper.net
Mon Jul 4 18:21:15 EDT 2005

hi
actually I'm installing RT on a new box and I saw the HTTP::Server::Simple
test-scripts assume that opening a socket on 127.0.0.1 will always get us the
servername localhost, this is very well not true especially on default
redhat-setups where the hosts file gives 127.0.0.1 the local hostname at first.

sidenote - during finally then testing HTTP::Server::Simple::Mason I also had a
hard time because the used LWP::Simple::get in the testscript (line 18 01live.t)
automagically uses the http_proxy defined for the system, but this gets us
nowhere on localhost-opened ports that we try to reach (then via the proxy) :)

regards
Harald Kapper, icq# 36178328         http://kapper.net
managing director, owner,            loeblichgasse   6
chief executive officer              1090 vienna,  .at
tel +43 1 3195500-0, fax +43 1 3195502, hk at kapper.net