[rt-users] RT sending email that violates proper MIME RFC

Filip Jonckers fjonckers at Interconnect.be
Tue Jul 5 05:38:14 EDT 2005

RT v3.4.2 action/sendmail.pm ->

    # fsck.com #5959: Since RT sends 8-bit mail, we should say so.
    $self->SetHeader( 'Content-Transfer-Encoding','8-bit');

So if I understand correctly this should read:

    # fsck.com #5959: Since RT sends 8-bit mail, we should say so.
    $self->SetHeader( 'Content-Transfer-Encoding','8bit');

that could explain why some mails get bounced back
(receiving mail server is connected - sends its list of capabilities -
and sending server disconnects without sending the message!)
this results in a error message coming back (could not deliver message)
which in turn is added to the ticket and
results in a message being sent again ....  causing a loop and bringing
apache down on its knees
the anti-loop code does not detect this :-/

will do some tests to see if this helps...

thanks!
filip