[rt-users] Fetchmail under Windows

ken robertson rt at kenrobertson.com
Tue Jul 5 09:54:22 EDT 2005

G'day Filip,
Thanks for responding

Filip Jonckers wrote:

>>Fetchmail responds:
>>reading message help at domain.name.au:1 of 2 (827 octets) RT
>>server error.
>>The RT server which handled your email did not behave as
>>expected. It said:
>>fetchmail: MDA returned nonzero status 75 not flushed
>
> fetchmail cannot write temporary files..
>
> check if you have a cygwin user home folder like:
> C:\cygwin\home\helpdesk_mail
> (where helpdesk_mail is the user account which does the mail fetching
> (run as.. account used by scheduled tasks...)
>
> the folder is created in the correct way by installing cygwin and
> running it when logged on as the above account
> (well that was the only way I could get it running)

Cygwin doesn't have a problem writing its .PID file to (depending on the
user) c:\cygwin\home\<usernames> or
c:\documents and settings\<otherusername>\

>>Another thread said to install the cygwin package and run it
>>as the user who'll run fetchmail.  Tried that.

I tried running fetchmail from the cygwin package with the mda as
defined in rt-mailgate.conf.  Exactly the same result.  (fetchmail: MDA
returned nonzero status 75)

I also ran sysinternals filemon and it recorded no write failures or
create failures so it appears that there were no problems writing files.

Geez I'm so jealous of those folks who've managed to get it to run
straight off.

--
Regards
Ken