[rt-users] Sending duplicate RT queries to the same ticket?

Rick Russell rickr at rice.edu
Fri Jul 8 20:26:12 EDT 2005

Dan Wright wrote:
>   I'm looking for a way to have multiple ticket e-mail submissions all end up on
> the same ticket whenever the To:, From:, and Subject: fields are all identical
> and they are all sent within X hours from each other.

Logically, the way to do this is to write a scrip that

(1) Performs a search that returns the Ticket you're looking for, then
(2) Merge the current ticket into the found ticket.

Unfortunately, I know how to do neither :-( It's also going to make the
load on your RT server shoot through the roof, since every new ticket is
going to perform a search.

Rick R.