[rt-users] sidestep - mysql-backup question

Harald Kapper hk at kapper.net
Mon Jul 11 13:19:58 EDT 2005

hi,
on my recent upgrade-path from RT3.0.9 ot 3.4.1 I did a simple mysqldump and
then inserted everything into the new mysql-server but I had to realize now..
virtually all attachements are broken :-(

especially binary-attachments (pdf and like) have gone dead...

now here is my begging for "who has a real backup-way for RT?" - I would have
bet I had everything the right way (moving between same mysql-version-servers)
but I had to learn it the hard way that I was obviously wrong.

Is there any _real_ way besides stopping mysql and copying the binary data files
away and store somewhere safe?

thank you in advance
Harald Kapper, icq# 36178328         http://kapper.net
software-development and             loeblichgasse   6
security-consulting                  1090 vienna,  .at
tel +43 1 3195500-0, fax +43 1 3195502, hk at kapper.net