[rt-users] mod_perl2 compatibility

Christopher Allison chris at cs.brandeis.edu
Mon Jul 11 15:50:46 EDT 2005

On Jul 11, 2005, at 7:39 PM, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

> Main thing you HAVE TO do before you init your RT DB is set up password
> of the RT database user.

Snip-snip

> You can use ./configure arguments --with-db-rt-user and
> --with-db-rt-pass to setup it, then you don't need to change config
> file, because RT_Config.pm would be filled with your new values instead
> of the defaults.

Snip-snip

> Please, apply some changes to instalation guides. IMHO easiest way is
> configure script options.

Ruslan,

	Let me make sure I understand you. You're saying to do
		'make install'
		'./configure arguments --with-db-rt-user --with-db-rt-pass'
then
		'make initialize-database'

and then edit RT_SiteConfig.pm? Or are you suggesting a different
sequence? While you can wait to edit RT_SiteConfig.pm with your method,
don't you have to edit it eventually anyway? Does this save time, or
simply put off a complex step? The RHEL4 install guide is located at:

	http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RHEL4InstallGuide

and you can edit it directly yourself if you like at:

	http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?action=edit;
page_name=RHEL4InstallGuide

Thanks for the input, hope I got your instructions down right,

-Chris Allison
--
Brandeis University CS Dept.
Systems Operations Guru