[rt-users] rtx-shredder & Debian official packages?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Jul 14 01:01:37 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Anyone have any notes on using Ruslan's RTx-Shredder and the official
Debian "Sarge" RT packages, i.e. how to get it installed "correctly", etc.

I have a rather large RT database that needs to be made smaller and have
been using the RT packages on a Debian system.

Tickets in the system back four or five years, and it's starting to make
MySQL pretty sluggish -- we probably don't need all of this old data.

I'd be willing to work through it.  I did see some Debian bugs and then
a retraction a while back about dh-make-perl not being able to build
RTx-Shredder correctly because the perl module looked for user input at
the time.  Also since the Debian packages scatter RT around the
filesystem a bit (mostly in /usr/share/request-tracker3), I'm wondering
what the "correct" answer is to the question, "Where is your RT root
directory."

Thanks for any assistance.

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com