[rt-users] Simple example please - REST/1.0/ticket/edit

Darren Hartford dhartford at ghsinc.com
Thu Jul 14 15:45:13 EDT 2005

Hey all,
Still can not find ANY documentation or examples regarding the REST
interface, which is too bad because it makes RT require more resources
to integrate - which in turn makes it not a good business decision.
Anyway, I digress.

I'm trying to post data to REST/1.0/ticket/edit (or /REST/1.0/edit as I
think they have the same functionality) and so far have not had any
success (I'm using jakarta-commons HTTPCLIENT, but that should be
irrelevant for the request).

I would like an example of what the HTML POST should look like.  I'm
assuming it's already cookie-authed and that it is supposed to be a
multi-part form, and that if you want to create a new ticket you make
the key=value something like id=ticket/new, but beyond that:
======
RT/3.4.1 400 Bad Request

No objects specified.

======

Hopefully the request is clear and get a response soon :-)

-D

p.s. yes, I'm aware of the RT:Atom package, but as it does not seem to
be deployed with the standard 3.4, nor in any of the near future, and I
rather keep with something that is the least likely to break over
version upgrades.