[rt-users] mailgate

Paul O'Rorke paul at paulororke.net
Tue Jul 19 14:59:31 EDT 2005

Thanks for the reply.

I created a user 'help' on my test system ( http://rt.paulororke.net )
and have the following in /etc/aliases:

    help:         "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
    correspond --url http://rt.paulororke.net/"
    rt-comment: "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
    comment --url http://rt.paulororke.net/"

the pipe seems valid in that rt-mailgate is where it says it is, the
queue exists within RT and the URL resolves.  When I send mail (from
gmail) to help at rt.paulororke.net, POSTFIX replies (bounced mail):

    Final-Recipient: rfc822; help at rt.paulororke.net
    <mailto:help at rt.paulororke.net>
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; mail for rt.paulororke.net
    <http://rt.paulororke.net> loops back to myself

/var/log/maillog says:

    Jul 19 10:54:21 paulororke postfix/smtp[15720]: 86778123757:
    to=<help at rt.paulororke.net>, relay=none, delay=1, status=bounced
    (mail for rt.paulororke.net loops back to myself)

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

--
Paul O'Rorke

paul at paulororke.net