[rt-users] Problems with Outlook Interpreting RT From Headers

Stevo checkpoint at ozbergs.com
Tue Jul 19 17:59:32 EDT 2005

Hey All,

I'm sure this has been dealt with in the past, but I can't find any
solution...

When one of my users open (or reply to) a ticket via email RT generates
an email to me with the following from line:

Apache [apache at itsupport.company.local]; on behalf of; Test User via RT
[itsupport at itsupport.company.local]

Thunderbird interprits this just fine and displays the Test User via RT
as the sender, however there is a problem with Outlook.

I added itsupport at itsupport.company.local into our Exchange Global
Address List as an alias for a user called IT Support so users could
easily create a ticket.  Now everytime I get a ticket from ANYONE it
shows the email is being sent from IT Support (rather than the users
name via RT).

This has to be a common problems - and no the answer is not to convert
everyone to Thunderbird!!

Any ideas here... has anyone beaten this Outlook issue??

Thanks

Stevo