[rt-users] API question

Bjørn Skovlund Rydén bjorn at 247ms.com
Wed Jul 20 09:10:10 EDT 2005

Hi!

I'm trying to make a condition in some of the HTML pages. I only want my "Inhouse"-group to be able to set the owner of a ticket, furthermore there is an "Inhouse-admin" group that are a member of the "Inhouse" group, which need access to this too. The rest will only be able to change it to Nobody (like releasing a ticket)

>From what I can gather, I should be able to do it like this:

my $groupobj = RT::Group->new();
$groupobj->LoadUserDefinedGroup('Inhouse');
if(!$groupobj->HasMemberRecursively($session{CurrentUser}))
{
  blablabla();
}

The problem is that the if-statement always returns true, meaning that the function returns false. I have tried both as a member of the sub-group (admin) and as a member of the specified "Inhouse" group.

Anybody got an idea why this fails?

Cheers
Bjørn Skovlund Rydén