[rt-users] Custom Status

Bruce Rudd Bruce.Rudd at datadirect.com
Thu Jul 21 11:41:29 EDT 2005

I have attempted to add the custom status with the method outlined below
but they are not showing up in my tickets.  New or existing.  I created
the Queue_Local.pm file and overrode the arrays with what is below.  I
did notice that Queue_Overlay.pm has @DEFAULT_xxxxxx instead of what is
below.  I restarted httpd after making the changes but I see no affect.

I am complete new to this (Perl and RT) so I assume that I am just not
aware of what I need to do to make these changes active.  Any advise?  I
am using RT 3.4.2.

Thanks,
Bruce

Hi Kelly,

   Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:23:28 -0500
   From: "Kelly F. Hickel" <kfh at mqsoftware.com>

   > There's a pair of arrays in RT/Queue_Overlay.pm that define the
   statuses
   > supported by RT. The default scrips and user interface do assume
that
   > you haven't removed any of the shipping statuses.

   Jesse, Do I understand you to be saying that I should be able to ADD
   status values to the pair of arrays mentioned above (as long as I
don't
   change the existing ones, or their relative position), and things
should
   "work"????  That would be "huge"...

Yes, you could do exactly that, if you choose to go that route.

You can create yourself a Queue_Local.pm file, and you can override
those arrays, like this:

# Queue_Local.pm
@ACTIVE_STATUS = qw(new open stalled my_other_status);
@INACTIVE_STATUS = qw(resolved rejected deleted yet_another_status);