[rt-users] Lost of history after upgrade from 3.0.11 to 3.4.2

Will Maier willmaier at ml1.net
Mon Jul 25 15:44:48 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 10:51:32AM +0200, ogigondan at coframi-toulouse.com wrote:
> i made an upgrade from RT 3.0.11 to 3.4.2. I use a test server.
> I have respected the procedure, doing a "make upgrade" and executing the
> database uptade sripts, but the history doesn't appear in the view of
> tickets.
> Can anybody help me please ?

Don't know if I can help, but I'm in a similar situation (RT3.2.3->3.4.2 w/
local customizations). The upgrade ran fine (using both a parallel install and
the 'make upgrade' path), but I can't see ticket histories. Reading the list and
changelogs, it seems like database upgrades should do the trick (or at least
have worked for other folks). I haven't run the upgrades for fear of mangling
our ticket databse -- is this a legitimate concern? Should I feel comfortable
upgrading the objects straight away or is a backup necessary?

--

Will Maier