[rt-users] Lost of history after upgrade from 3.0.11 to 3.4.2

Will Maier willmaier at ml1.net
Mon Jul 25 16:36:36 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 04:10:57PM -0400, Drew Barnes wrote:
> Will Maier wrote:
> >Don't know if I can help, but I'm in a similar situation (RT3.2.3->3.4.2 w/
> >local customizations).

> Have you tried moving your local customizations out of the way?  Then
> stop apache, empty the mason cache, and start apache.  From what I
> recall of my short 3.4.x test period, something I had done locally
> caused a similar problem.

The local customizations predate me and don't make use of the overlay model, so
I'd have a hard time fully separating the two. That said, the modifications are
relatively minor; I have commented out important portions of the more
significant mods earlier in the upgrade path in order to resolve minor errors
related to rendering.

All the research I've done so far suggests that our database (built for 3.2.3)
needs to be updated for the 3.4.2 release. While it's possible that our mods to
RT remain a problem, the problem itself (no history) seems similar to issues
reported to this list and elsewhere that were subsequently resolved by database
updates.

See other subthread for comments on that issue...

Thanks

--

Will Maier