[rt-users] Lost of history after upgrade from 3.0.11 to 3.4.2

Will Maier willmaier at ml1.net
Mon Jul 25 17:20:23 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 04:40:27PM -0400, Alex Vandiver wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 15:39 -0500, Will Maier wrote:
> > I read the README -- my question was more concerned with the safety/efficacy of
> > the database upgrade scripts. From your message, it sounds like you didn't
> > experience any data loss during the database upgrade. If this is so, I'll be
> > much more comfortable running the upgrade. Any chance the scripts will break
> > exisitng databases? I'm inclined to trust them, but positive/negative
> > experiences would be welcome data points.

> The upgrade scripts are rather straightforward, and I've yet to hear of
> major problems with them.  You can look at the sql that they run
> yourself, if you want to reassure yourself; they're in:
>             etc/upgrade/3.3.*/{acl,schema}.databasetype

Thanks for the feedback. The only trouble is that I'm running two parallel
instances of RT (and Apache), one for testing 3.4.2 and one production 3.2.3.
My concern is that the update scripts required to get the testing instance
running correctly might break the database which the production instance depends
upon.

The wiki touches on these issues, but doesn't address database upgrades and
their impact on concurrent testing/production installs of RT.

--

Will Maier