[rt-users] Want to stop "RT thinks this is a bounce" messages

Mike Patterson mikep at uclink.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 26 01:21:46 EDT 2005

Asheesh,

The mail server with the MX record for "domain.com" receives the message
addressed to "bugs at domain.com" and
reads the mailforwardingattribute  "general at rt.domain.com" (on our
cyrus/imap/ldap server) and  it sends a copy to the general queue on the
server "rt.domain.com" without changing the "To:" header
("bugs at domain.com").

Another possible example maintaining the header using /etc/aliases on 2
boxes with sendmail:

mail sent to "bugs at box1.domain.com" will create a ticket in the general
queue on the server "rt.domain.com" without changing the "To:" header.

box1.domain.com /etc/alias entry
bugs: general at rt.com

rt.domain.com /etc/alias entry
general: "|/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
correspond --url http://localhost"

Hope this helps.

Mike