[rt-users] Lost of history after upgrade from 3.0.11 to 3.4.2

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Wed Jul 27 00:53:31 EDT 2005

Will Maier wrote:
> My concern is that the update scripts required to get the testing instance
> running correctly might break the database which the production instance depends
> upon.

They shouldn't, if you've supplied the right database to
configure (--with-db-database). You should be running
rt-setup-database out of your installed testing instance,
so it won't know anything about the production instance.

"make upgrade-instruct" tells you what you need to do.

Of course, paranoia is a Good Thing, and backups before
making significant change are always a Good Idea. :-)