[rt-users] About the Comment Address in queues

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jul 27 08:52:53 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 01:21, Howard Kao wrote:

> Oh, so you are saying that RT decides which ticket discussion to add a
> comment in by looking at the subject of a mail sent to Comment
> Address, provided that the subject of the email matches either the
> subject of a ticket?

Matching replies to existing tickets is always done by finding
the ticket number in the subject line in a specific format.

> I thought this would be explained in the docs but I apparently have
> missed it.  Thanks for the help.

This is in a different place.  First you have to configure 2 email
aliases for RT  - one for replies and to create new tickets
(--action correspond) and another for comments (--action comment).
For new tickets you need to specify the initial queue as well.  This
is ignored for replies with that match on existing ticket numbers
so you don't really need to set the queue-specific correspond/comment
addresses within RT that are used as reply addresses unless you want
to make it appear that they came from different addresses.   However
the generic comment address or the queue-specific one you use must
be an address that matches an alias that adds the "--action comment"
option for rt-mailgate.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com