[rt-users] OT ADVOCACY: Kana response vs RT

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Wed Jul 27 16:39:17 EDT 2005

* On 25/07/05 19:04 -0700, Lamont Lucas wrote:
> This is an odd question, but has anybody used Kana response
> system for email-based customer service?  (www.kana.com)
>
> Our ancient mustang application is being replaced.  I built a demo
> RT unit that was well received, but tomorrow I'm in a meeting with
> kana to hear their sales pitch.
>
> Does anybody have any experience with them or some suggestions as
> to questions I should ask?
>
> I honestly believe that RT is the best solution due to the unlimited
> possibility for customization and the nature of open source.  But
> the ultimate decision will rest with customer service, aka
> the users. :-)

So why bother, really, if you are not the decision maker?
Everyone you see in this list has dissed everything else for RT and so
cannot look back, lest they turn into a "stone of salt", like Lot's
wife ;)

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington            		. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
wash () WANANCHI ! com			. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223			. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121			. (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |