[rt-users] characterset/umlauts

Fri Jul 29 04:19:39 EDT 2005

Hi list,

 I started to build a small intranet around our RT-system and have a
 problem with special characters. In fact my RT displays stuff like umlauts
 corret, but my intranet (running on the same virtual-host, it's even
 located in the same document root, so I don't get it...) displays those
 characters in weird sequences like

 ü  => ü

 The content comes from the database and even if I display stuff from RT-
 tables with umlauts (like ticket subject) on my intranet it's not shown
 correctly. I know that this is not a RT-specific question, but I'd like to
 know how this is done in RT, 'cause I couldn't find anything related to
 that myself.

 Thanks a lot in advance
 -fe