AW: [rt-users] characterset/umlauts

Mikko Lipasti mikko.lipasti at polarcom.fi
Fri Jul 29 05:34:12 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 12:16, Maillinglisten wrote:
> My test-file's source looks like this

>  <head>
>  </head>
>   Tüüäüst
>
> which gets displayed

>  <head>
>  </head>
>   Tü���st

Which character set does your editor use when saving the file? You see,
the problem might be that your editor stores Latin-1 and SQL stores and
returns UTF8.

Try telling the editor to write UTF8. At least kwrite lets you pick the
character set to use in the save dialog.

> which is not the same as before, but still not the correct. I still
> think my problem could be solved somewhere on the server/scripts/components
> but I'm to mixed up of that charset-stuff -.-

Out of curiosity, which operating system are you using? I'm having
character set prolems on my SuSE Linux Enterprise 9 box but I'm not
going to look into it as it is merely a test platform and will be
decommisioned shortly.

Best of luck. Character set problems are nasty. Can't really trust
anything but a hex editor if things get really hairy...

--
Mikko Lipasti
Polarcom Consulting Oy